The aim of the Indigenous Languages Revitalization- Online Resources is to highlight different communities, groups, organizations and individuals who are doing work with languages. Each community, organization, group and individual had an opportunity to highlight their work towards revitalization and preservation with a focus on process.
The goal is to inspire others to learn how to implement some of the programs and ways to work with languages.
Each community, group, organization and individual were asked to:
- Share what they are doing.
- Share their language program(s)/learning priorities.
- Share some of the gaps they might have experienced in implementing their language program(s)/learning.
Identify some potential resources to help bridge that gap.
The Indigenous Leadership Development Institute Inc. is a non-profit organization established to build leadership capacity in Indigenous people. We are run by Indigenous people and directed by a volunteer board reflecting the diversity of the Indigenous community. This board identifies specific training required to produce able and accomplished Indigenous leaders.
Indigenous Professionals Building Leadership Capacity for Tomorrow Today.
By actively promoting good governance by identifying needed training and by providing unique educational and capacity building opportunities, we prepare Indigenous people for the challenges of the 21st century.
Special thanks to the following people who have shared their language journeys with us:
- Agatha Chartrand- Metis from St. Laurent
- Alvina Ross- Dakota from Sioux Valley Dakota Nation
- Chief and Council- Fisher River Cree Nation
- Danielle Saddleman from Okanagan Indian Band Language Nest
- Diane Smoke- Dakota from Dakota Tipi First Nation
- Elsie Crate- Cree from Fisher River Cree Nation
- Jared Bone- Anishinaabe from Keeseekoowenin Ojibway First Nation works with Indigenous Leadership Development Institute
- June Bruce- Metis from St. Laurent
- Lorraine Coutu- Metis from St. Laurent
- Marina James- Dakota Elder from Dakota Tipi First Nation
- Maxine Anguk- Inuk from Whale Cove, Nunavut
- Miranda Smoke- from Dakota Tipi First Nation
- n̓aasʔałuk (John Rampanen)- Nuu-chah-nulth from Ahousaht and Keltsmaht territory
- Ramona Washburn- Cree from Alberta
- Sarah Alexis from Okanagan Indian Band Language Nest
- Savvy Simon- Mi’kmaq Elsipogtog First Nation, NB
- Shirley Cochrane- Cree from Fisher River Cree Nation
- Tasha Spillett- Cree, Trinidadian
- Yolanda Denny- Mi’Kmaw