Currently working on a developing Cree language resources to support the delivery of Cree 10 in the local high school. Cree 10 has never been offered before.
In addition have a Cree resource Facebook group where information is shared about the Cree language.
- To develop units and lesson plans that align with the Cree Language & Culture POS.
- To develop resources needed to support this.
- Develop technology to support the Cree program.
- Devlop print materials to support the Cree program.
- Develop assessment materials that reflect Indigenous intellengence.
A challenge is to play catch up and develop what is needed because these resources are not readily available. Teaching Cree 10 was last minute.
Wetaskiwin (/wəˈtæskəwɪn, -kwɪn/) is a city in the province of Alberta, Canada. The city is located 70 kilometres (43 mi) south of the provincial capital of Edmonton. The city name comes from the Cree word wītaskiwinihk, meaning ``the hills where peace was made``.
Bridge the Gap
Researching other resources that are out there that can support Cree 10.
Searching for resources based on theme, grade level, province, dialect, communities.
Looking at videos, tips, ideas and games